We are a small group of people in downtown Toronto planning the development of a cohousing community. We warmly welcome new members!
Cohousing is an intentional community with an emphasis on shared community space while maintaining private ownership of individual homes and a strong commitment to personal privacy. It is also a way of housing ourselves in an environment that supports social interaction and environmental sustainability. Cohousing creates a balance of community and privacy reminiscent of the old fashioned village.
It is our hope to come together with like-minded people to live simply, peacefully and co-operatively. We want to live meaningful lives and be connected to and supported by those around us. We want to raise our children in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe in an ecologically sustainable lifestyle and incorporate environmentally responsible choices as often as possible.
- each unit will contain its own kitchen, bathroom, living spaces, and bedrooms
- some shared community meals in a common house dining room
- a variety of housing units (mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms); the majority will be owned
- price per unit will reflect average market cost
- interested in high energy efficiency and green building initiatives
- striving to incorporate some affordable housing units
- between 20 and 30 dwellings in the community
- separation of cars from residential area
- common secure bike storage
- newly built or retrofitted existing building
- clustered townhouses or units within a small building
- centrally located common areas, pedestrian areas, green and natural spaces
- ideally located in the downtown, west end area of Toronto
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.