We are a small group of people in downtown Toronto planning the development of a cohousing community. We warmly welcome new members!
Cohousing is an intentional community with an emphasis on shared community space while maintaining private ownership of individual homes and a strong commitment to personal privacy. It is also a way of housing ourselves in an environment that supports social interaction and sustainability. Cohousing creates a balance of community and privacy reminiscent of the old fashioned village.
It is our hope to come together with like-minded people to live simply, peacefully and co-operatively. We want to live meaningful lives and be connected to and supported by those around us. We want to raise our children in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe in an ecologically sustainable lifestyle and incorporate environmentally responsible choices as often as possible.
We cherish and support diverse ages, ethnicities, interests, abilities, incomes, relationships, and spiritual beliefs. We strive to be conscious of our words and actions and to be mindful in all of our relationships. We are cultivating a non-judgmental environment based on compassion and acceptance. We are committed to consensus decision-making.
Art and expression, friendship and laughter, inspiration and discovery, love and kindness, respect and trust, solitude and companionship, family and community. Working, eating, creating, listening, learning, sharing, helping, playing, and celebrating together.
- each unit will contain its own kitchen, bathroom, living spaces, and bedrooms
- some shared community meals in a common house dining room
- a variety of housing units (mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms); the majority will be owned
- price per unit will reflect average market cost
- interested in high energy efficiency and green building initiatives
- striving to incorporate some affordable housing units
- between 20 and 30 dwellings in the community
- separation of cars from residential area
- common secure bike storage
- newly built or retrofitted existing building
- clustered townhouses or units within a small building
- centrally located common areas, pedestrian areas, green and natural spaces
- ideally located in the downtown, west end area of Toronto
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.