We are a small group of people in downtown Toronto planning the development of a cohousing community. We warmly welcome new members!
Cohousing is an intentional community with an emphasis on shared community space while maintaining private ownership of individual homes and a strong commitment to personal privacy. It is also a way of housing ourselves in an environment that supports social interaction and environmental sustainability. Cohousing creates a balance of community and privacy reminiscent of the old fashioned village.
To build and live in a multigenerational community that:
- Fosters meaningful connections through supportive relationships
- Creates and maintains a healthy and ecologically sustainable urban development
- Demonstrates innovative, attractive cohousing
- Inspires communities to build the housing they need
- each unit will contain its own kitchen, bathroom, living spaces, and bedrooms
- some shared community meals in a common house dining room
- a variety of housing units (mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms); the majority will be owned
- price per unit will reflect average market cost
- committed to high energy efficiency and green building initiatives
- striving to incorporate some affordable housing units
- between 20 and 30 dwellings in the community
- separation of cars from residential area
- common secure bike storage
- newly built or retrofitted existing building
- a mix of townhouses and units within a small building
- centrally located common areas, pedestrian areas, green and natural spaces
- located in the west end area of downtown Toronto
For more information please contact us at email@example.com.