We are a growing group of people in downtown Toronto planning the development of a cohousing community. We warmly welcome new members!
Cohousing is an intentional community with an emphasis on shared community space while maintaining private ownership of individual homes and a strong commitment to personal privacy. It is also a way of housing ourselves in an environment that supports social interaction and environmental sustainability. Cohousing creates a balance of community and privacy reminiscent of the old fashioned village.
To build and live in a multigenerational community that:
- Fosters meaningful connections through supportive relationships
- Creates and maintains a healthy and ecologically sustainable urban development
- Demonstrates innovative, attractive cohousing
- Inspires communities to build the housing they need
- currently planning 24 units
- we’re open to new construction or retrofitting existing buildings
- a mix of townhouses and units within a small building
- each unit will be complete with kitchen, bathroom, living spaces, and bedrooms
- a variety of housing units (mix of 1, 2, 3, and 4 bedrooms)
- centrally located common areas, pedestrian areas, green and natural spaces
- a 4,000 ft2 Common House with a variety of facilities
- some shared community meals in the Common House dining room
- separation of cars from residential area
- common secure bike storage
- we expect price per unit will reflect average market cost
- committed to high energy efficiency and green building initiatives
- striving to incorporate some affordable housing units
- located in the west end area of downtown Toronto
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up here for news and updates.